Monday, November 16, 2015

More Library Love

Hmmm, so far this month I have not written much about the library...until now.  :)  The library scrapbook page that I'm sharing in this post is just my style: it uses bright colors and lots of scraps.
 
Supplies: red & yellow cardstock from Neenah Paper, blue cardstock from Bazzill, dotted paper from American Crafts, plaid paper from Bo Bunny, striped & floral papers from Pebbles, alphabet stickers from October Afternoon, punch from EK Success, journaling line template from Creative Memories, pens from Zig.

I've already scrapbooked and blogged about how much my son loved his summer library project.  But I also wanted to make a page that tells how much *I* love the library.  On my scrapbook page I wrote: "I think I enjoyed the library project just as much as A. did.  I explored parts of the county that were unfamiliar to me, checked out lots of library materials...& took lots of photos!  Clockwise from top: Brookdale (photo by A.), Pierre Bottineau (selfie), and Southeast (selfie).  A. & I had so much fun!"


Brookdale, Pierre Bottineau, and Southeast are all branches of the Hennepin County Library (HCL) system.  Librarians gave out HCL stickers to patrons this past summer, and I used my sticker as part of my title: "I Really Do Love My HCL."


There is nothing better, in my opinion, than sipping a cup of hot tea or coffee and reading a book.  The last book I read was a library book, which you can see in this photo.  It's hard to wait for the new Star Wars movie to come out, so I've been getting my fix by reading some of the old novels.  This one, called The Crystal Star, was very good.  As for tea, lately I've gotten into cinnamon vanilla herbal tea, from the same company that makes the pumpkin spice tea that I wrote about a couple weeks ago.  The cinnamon vanilla tea has a rooibos base, and the tea is so aromatic and scrumptious!


If you are a tea aficionado, why not check out the T Stands for Tuesday blog hop?  I'm going to link up now.  See you soon!

16 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It's wonderful that you and your son found a common bond in, of all places, wonderful libraries. This is true family entertainment, and I see your son is a good photographer, too. I think it's important to find common ground with your child/children, because the bond will be there long after the memory fades. Of course, you have the photos to help you remember!

Thanks for sharing your library page, your latest book you read, and your yummy looking tea with us for T this week. It's great that you like this tea, because it sounds divine!

June Houck said...

You had me at scraps...I love to use up bits of paper to create a new card. I find it very rewarding. Your library layout is perfect with the happy colors and pretty papers. Thank you for stopping by my blog today. It was nice to see your name pop up in the comments. You made my day.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love your attitude to libraries!I used to spend a lot of time in libraries as a kid, it was always a haven for me. Glad you have found another wonderful tea sort. Have a great week, Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Super library layout -
Happy T-Day!
oxo
Susi

johanna said...

i love your scrapped page... and you nailed it: nothing better than a book accompanied by a Cup of coffee! happy t-day!

Lisca said...

Great post about the library. So colourful!
I was wondering what HCL meant (apart from the chemical symbol) and then you explained that later on in the post!
The tea looks absolutely up my street (or should I say: up my cup!?
Have a good T-day
Lisca#8

Sharon Fritchman said...

I absolutely LOVE your library layout, Denise! I love your style!!! I especially like your journaling! I really like reading a good book with a hot cup of something delicious to drink, too! HUGS to you, my friend.

Viktoria Berg said...

That library page is wonderful - I love the colour, love the balance of it! I am also looking very much forward to the new Star Wars film - I have great hopes, considering they can´t do any worse than Lucas did with the prequels. The cover of your latest read gave me such a warm and happy feeling, I am at heart such a Star Wars nerd... Happy T-Day!

Linda Kunsman said...

great scrapbook page Denise! And if I had thought of library hopping when my son was little... Your tea sounds delicious- a nice combination of flavors but I had better use up more of my stash before I add another:) Happy T day!

Divers and Sundry said...

I have such fond memories of time spent in libraries both when I was a child and with my own children. Sweet :)

Krisha said...

Fantastic library LOs Denise!! I'm with you, on loving the library. I get a thrill just walking into one.......or a book store. There is just something wonderful about being around books.
Happy T-day

Patricia said...

a beautiful colorful page...

Ariel said...

I would have loved to take part in this library tour with you. It is one of my favorite places to go.Your layout on the subject looks wonderful.
Happy T day

pearshapedcrafting said...

A fabulous page and a great reminder of your visits to the libraries! Happy T day, Chrisx

Lynette Jacobs said...

Yup, totally agree...but for me it would be coffee and a book. Well done on documenting the library journey.

Karla B said...

I simply love libraries too and so does my daughter.Gorgeous post!Happy T day:)!